Elegant California Bungalow with stunning backyard
FIND. This elegant 1930s California Bungalow has been renovated and extended, sensitively blending the old with the new. It presents as a fresh, contemporary home with sophisticated, high-end finishes, free-flowing interiors, and lots of functional space for families. The house rests in a quiet, family-focused street that sits close to Fairlight shops and cafes, and within easy walking distance of Manly.
LOVE. The contemporary open-plan living zone to the rear of the home is filled with natural light and spills out to an enchanting child-friendly backyard that features a superb all-weather BBQ and outdoor entertaining zone.
- A modern, light-filled living space with soaring high ceilings and high-set louvre windows is the focal point of the house
- Several access points connect living to a covered outdoor entertaining area with built-in BBQ that overlooks the backyard
- Lush, private backyard with well established, low-maintenance gardens, elevated deck, a perfect play space for children
- High decorative ceilings, picture rails, wide Baltic pine floorboards in the original section of the home, Jarrah floorboards in living
- Sleek modern kitchen with large island bench, high-end appliances, gas cooking, dishwasher
- Generous bedrooms, one with an adjoining north-facing balcony
- Modern bathroom with bathtub and separate shower
- Large laundry room with lots of storage space, separate toilet, plus discreet clothes drying space to the side of the house
- Driveway parking for one car
LIVE. From this prized pocket of Fairlight, it's easy to dip into the shopping and lifestyle hubs of Manly, Fairlight and Balgowlah. The Andrew Boy Charlton swimming pool is just down the road, or there are bus stops and a fantastic selection of shops and eateries on nearby Sydney Road. It's an easy walk to Manly town, many harbour beaches and reserves are within a short stroll, and you're in the catchment for Manly West Public School.
Water rates: Approx $160.18 pq
Council rates: Approx $804.60 pq
Land Size: Approx 610 sqm
ABOUT THE AREA
- Buses to city CBD, Westfield Warringah Mall and surrounds
- Manly Wharf ferries to Circular Quay
- Fairlight shops and The Butchers cafe
- Stockland Balgowlah shopping centre
- Manly Corso and Wharf shops and restaurants
- Manly West Primary school
- St Pauls High School
- Stella Maris College
WHAT THE OWNER LOVES:
- This is such a great street for families. It's walking distance to beaches, schools and into Manly.
- We love the garden, which is peaceful, tranquil, private and very green.
- We love the mix of beautiful original features and contemporary finishes.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the information provided to you in our marketing material, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by our Vendors, and as such, Cunninghams makes no statement, representation or warranty, and assumes no legal liability in relation to the accuracy of the information provided. Interested parties should conduct their own due diligence in relation to each property they are considering purchasing. All photographs, maps and images are representative only, for marketing purposes. Some images show virtual styling.