OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
Cunningham Real Estate Pty Ltd (Cunninghams) seeks to provide the best possible service to our clients by providing the best possible experience along your real estate journey.
We have a simple approach to data protection and privacy which adheres to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
Our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act):
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products, services or information that we supply. This may include your first name, last name, location, age, phone number, email address, postal address and payment details that you have provided when interacting with us.
We may also collect information on how you use our website, your product preferences, opinions and other personal preferences. Other information that may be automatically collected when you visit our website include (without limitation) your Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address or other device identifiers, location and time/date stamp.
At times, we may collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, however we only collect this information from companies or sources that are allowed to disclose it to us. Below you will find a breakdown of the different ways your personal information is collected.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU?
DIRECTLY FROM YOU
In our agency business we use personal information collected from current and prospective vendors/landlords so that we can provide you with the services, products or information that we supply, and so that we are able to perform our duties and obligations set out under our agency agreements.
OPEN HOUSE INSPECTIONS
Personal information will be collected from you during an open house inspection for: security purposes; so that we may contact you in relation to that property and other properties which we believe may interest you; to offer other services our agency performs such as Asset Management and referral to third party companies which offer services that may be of interest (such as home loans).
USER CONTACT FORMS
When you fill out a contact form on our website, we will collect that information and use it to get in touch with you in response to your query. We may use the information to reach out to you to inform you of some of the services we provide, provided it is in line with your original query.
If you sign up to one of our mailing lists, this means that you have opted-in and have consented to us sending you emails relating to the services or products we provide as a company.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE FROM OTHERS
- Social Network widgets and buttons (Pinterest, Twitter etc)
WHAT WE COLLECT FROM YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITY
- Site performance indicators: these give us information on how our website is used, so that we can make the necessary improvements or amendments to make your experience better.
- Analytics Cookies: these give us the statistics to understand how many people are on our website, which areas are popular and which areas we need to work on.
- Advertising Cookies: we use these cookies to understand what type of advertising would be better suited to someone like you. That way, you would receive ads that are more likely to be relevant to you.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
We only use personal information for the purpose which was requested of us, or for the purposes which directly relate to one of our functions or activities (for example, direct marketing purposes and to see potential clients through promotional activities).
We may disclose this information to other parties including:
- Potential purchasers or vendors; media organisations; publicly on the internet or in print media; to clients of the agent (both existing & potential); as well as to parties engaged to manage or evaluate the property (e.g. Pest & Building inspectors, Owners’ corporation; Financial institutions; Valuers). We will not provide your information to these third parties unless you have consented to this, or you would reasonably expect, or have been informed, that information of such kind would be passed on to those individuals, entities or bodies.
- Suppliers and other third-party service providers with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing and related purposes
- We do not trade or sell your information, however with your prior consent, we may share your data with third party service providers such as Financial Services or Service Connection companies.
- Where it is otherwise required or authorised by law, or reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue. Examples of such circumstances include disclosing your personal information to a Court or Tribunal in response to a request or subpoena, or to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Where it may prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another entity, body or party, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that the third party has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment.
Where sensitive information is collected, stored, used or transferred about you, we will only use this information if you have given consent for us to do so, or in the exercise or defence of a legal claim. Sensitive information is information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
In providing this information you consent to us using your information in this way, unless you advise us differently.
We may use your personal information to provide you with current information about Cunninghams and the real estate market, our community and local area, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. and we will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do our best to ensure your personal information is up-to-date and accurate at all times, as this allows us to deliver a better service to you. If any information we have on you needs to be corrected, please contact us via email@example.com.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. Furthermore, each and every Cunninghams employee or agent must abide by this policy. While we cannot share with you details of the security systems and procedures we have in place for security reasons, if you have any questions, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
At Cunninghams, we do everything we can to keep your personal information accurate. If you find that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you can contact us at email@example.com, or as per the contact details below and we will endeavour to assist you with your questions. Please bear in mind that under Australian privacy laws, there may be situations where we cannot provide access to such personal information. For instance, if it would reasonably affect someone else’s privacy or may pose a threat to someone’s life, health or safety; if this information relates to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information that we hold.
If you have any complaints or feel that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via another option below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We understand that your personal information is important to you and want you to feel confident that any personal information we collect from you or that is received by us, will be treated with appropriate respect. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our practices you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
Phone: 02 9949 7077
Address: Cunninghams, 1/470 Sydney Road, Balgowlah, NSW 2093