As you may have heard in the media this week, open home inspections and public auctions have now been given the all clear to resume from this weekend. As a company, we will be conducting open homes for sale and lease properties on a case by case basis, and listening to our Vendors, Tenants and Landlords by only doing what is appropriate for them and their situations. If you are interested in a property and would like to view in person, please check our website listing for a time or contact the Sales or Leasing agent to arrange a private viewing.
While the restrictions have been lifted allowing us to open homes to the public, we want to reiterate that we are taking these precautions very seriously to protect the health of our staff, clients and the general public. We have put together the following guidelines so that Agents and potential buyers and tenants are clear on what is expected at open homes when it comes to hygiene and health regulations we need to abide by.
- All people entering properties must use a hand sanitiser prior to entry and refrain from touching any surfaces
- We will be managing the number of people entering small spaces and open home attendees will be directed by the sales or leasing agent to practice social distancing ensuring there is a maximum of one person per 4m2 equivalent
- We encourage the use of digital viewing platforms where possible to discourage physical contact
- We are keeping detailed contact records of people attending all Cunninghams open homes and auctions
- We are directing all buyers and tenants to answer our health questionnaire prior to inspecting a property and following this will be ensuring people with any symptoms of illness do not attend a property inspection
- We will be considering extended times for open house viewings and inspections if needed
- We will qualify all prospective buyers or tenants as much as possible
- We will be thoroughly washing and sanitising our hands with soap where possible before and after attending property inspections
- We will not be touching or shaking hands with open home attendees and keeping a minimum 1.5m distance
- We are actively practising social distancing with all team members, and also applying upgraded personal hygiene
- Keys for all properties are disinfected after every showing.
Similarly, with public auctions also given the green light to resume, we have put in place the following guidelines to ensure the safety of our team and their clients.
- It is a preference that as many pre-registrations as possible take place via digital registration including a photo of driver’s licence
- All other registrations will need to be taken with gloves on by the agents when handling paperwork – there will be no handling of driver’s licences
- We request that all buyers write their own information on the registration card and request all participants bring their own pen
- We request that everyone practices social distancing during registration and viewing before the auction
- Please ensure you wash hands thoroughly after registration where possible of use hand sanitisers provided
- Please keep children outside as much as possible
- We will be conduct all auctions outside and an Agent will enforce 2m social distancing in respect of others (4sqm). The Auctioneer will also announce this to the crowd.
- We will not be shaking hands with anyone and especially not hugging successful buyers or sellers
- We strongly encourage the use of digital contract signing post auction.
- Buyers or sellers won’t be permitted to attach the sold sticker.
Please get in touch if this raises any questions for you.