Contemporary, light-filled entertainer with period charm
FIND. Totally private and showcasing flawless living spaces that have been thoroughly modernised, this sophisticated dual-level home is the perfect answer for an expanding family. Suited to those who love to entertain, as well as those who like being able to walk to the beach and dip into the excitement and buzz of Manly, this perfectly polished residence has a tidy, family-friendly layout and lots of charm and charisma.
LOVE. At the heart of the home is a north-facing open-plan living area with a working cast-iron fireplace, polished pine floorboards, and high ceilings. Two sets of french doors create a seamless connection with the huge entertainer's terrace that runs the full length of the living area and acts as a true extension to indoors.
• The terrace steps down to the north-facing backyard, which is surrounded by established flowerbeds and a lush canopy of trees, and has some in-built seating.
• A contemporary stone kitchen features huge amounts of pantry and cabinet space and a large island bench for easy meal prep and entertaining.
• Four bedrooms sit on the lower level, and are each equipped with plush carpet and built-ins. One of the bedrooms includes an adjoining sunroom, which acts as a peaceful home office.
• The family bathroom features a bathtub and rainfall shower.
• On the upper level is a luxurious parent's retreat that features a spacious bedroom with en-suite, walk-in wardrobe and a Juliette balcony with district views, as well as a large store room that is carpeted and has the potential to be converted into further living space.
• There is gated access to the front, which opens up to a serene courtyard with water feature.
• A dedicated laundry room with WC is accessed from the garden, and there is plenty of storage underneath the house.
LIVE. From this prestigious address you can stroll to the beaches at Manly or Fairlight; cafes, restaurants and city bus services are available on Sydney Road; supermarkets and shops are just a short walk down the road at Stockland shopping centre, and you are in the catchment zone for Manly West Public School, which is a couple of blocks away.