Charming period home with gorgeous, French provincial gardens
* This seemingly modest freestanding period home is a real surprise package.
* Set on an unexpectedly deep block of land, it features a north-facing family room with bi-fold doors that open to a far-reaching French provincial style garden where manicured hedging frames two levels of lush green lawns.
* A sandstone paved alfresco dining area completes the picturesque countryside feel.
* Perfectly sited on an elevated block it also has a district outlook and stunning north light to its living areas and backyard.
* With beautifully preserved period features throughout - high ornate ceilings and Kauri pine floors - this charming home exudes restrained elegance and has two double bedrooms, the main with built-ins and a separate living area with original ornate fireplace.
* There is also a newly renovated bathroom that features taupe tiling, bathtub and frameless glass.
* At the rear of the home, the open plan family room encompasses a gourmet kitchen with CaesarStone bench tops and a spacious dining area.
* Timber framed doors fold away to allow the room to flow seamlessly to the outdoors where a sandstone alfresco dining area is followed by a deep terraced backyard of lawns and hedges that seems to go on forever. This wholly unexpected secret garden, it is truly a magnificent finish to a quietly stylish home.
* There is also a large internal laundry with storage and 2nd toilet, air conditioning in the living area, large attic storage and off-street parking.
* Perfectly situated, just minutes from Manly West Primary school, plus a short walk to Balgowlah Shopping Village, it is also handy to city buses, beaches and Manly Pool.