Gorgeous Californian bungalow with idyllic gardens
* Beyond the picturesque façade of this 1919 Californian bungalow lies a beautifully appointed family home exuding a wonderful, warm ambiance, enhanced by classic period character features.
* Perfectly positioned in a particularly leafy and tranquil residential enclave, it rests amid lovingly maintained gardens on a deep level 428sqm with moments to schools, shops and city transport.
* With wonderful street appeal, the property is set behind a sunny lavender-framed front garden with neat picket fence and features a classic tuck-pointed façade and charming shingled bay window.
* Inviting interiors feature a family friendly layout incorporating two separate living areas complemented by beautiful period details including timber fretwork, 3.1m battened ceilings, picture rails and polished timber floors.
* The lounge is warmed in the winter months by a charming open fireplace and opens out to a large north facing sunroom overlooking the front gardens - a perfect office or studio for those working from home.
* A stylishly renovated gas kitchen has been remodelled in keeping with the character of the home and overlooks the terrace and gardens. With a fresh contemporary design aesthetic, it features Stone Italiana benchtops, integrated stainless steel European appliances and white panelled cabinetry.
* The second integrated family living and dining space opens via French doors to a large entertainer's terrace and private child-friendly gardens, complete with a level lawn, herb garden and established trees, offering a tranquil and private family environ.
* Accommodation comprises three bedrooms, two with built-ins including a sunlit master with romantic bay window seat. A freshly updated family bathroom with separate bath and shower plus a separate laundry/utilities room with extra W.C and shower. service the home.
* Additional features include gas heating bayonets, halogen lighting, plentiful storage for bikes and surfboards, and DA approval to add off-street parking. Due for opening in the near future, the rejuvenated Totem shopping centre is moments away and will offer a Coles supermarket, fashion boutiques, gourmet delis and speciality stores.
* Promising a perfect environment for family living and alfresco entertaining, the home offers potential to add your own touches. Built on solid sandstone foundations and with masses of roof space, perhaps add a second level addition or parent's retreat, or simply expand the existing floorplan.