Exquisite Californian bungalow with romantic gardens
* Exuding a timeless appeal and romantic charm, this impeccably appointed two storey Californian bungalow rests amid formal manicured gardens. Showcasing superior craftsmanship throughout, 'Cartref' has been lovingly held and maintained by only three owners since it was built in 1929.
* This gracious family home presents an outstanding example of classic Californian bungalow architecture. Stylishly renovated and updated for modern living while retaining its original character, the home offers a timeless blend of period appeal and contemporary finesse.
* Positioned back from the street, entry is via a charming front garden, gracious traditional entry portico and welcoming formal reception hall. Light and airy interiors feature a fluid layout with generous living areas flowing seamlessly from one to the other. Enhanced by a wealth of original details, period features include polished tallowwood floors, ornate ceilings, beautiful leadlight and stained glass windows, classic cedar joinery and fretwork, and solid sandstone foundations.
* A spacious formal lounge is warmed in the winter months by an open fireplace and features a delightful bay window seat overlooking the front garden, opening via French doors to a classic covered front verandah.
* An elegant formal dining room leads to family living bathed in all-day northerly sunlight, with French doors opening to an alfresco entertaining deck with wisteria covered pergola - perfect in all seasons.
Renovated just two years ago, a gourmet French Provincial style gas kitchen is appointed with solid Travertine marble benchtops, stainless steel Bosch appliances and an adjoining fitted internal laundry.
* A second deck leads down to beautifully landscaped east facing gardens with privacy screening on all sides, creating an idyllic haven for entertaining and family living. Framed by sandstone retaining walls, a large sunny lawn leads to a romantic summer house - a perfect spot for afternoon tea.
* Accommodation comprises four double bedrooms including a stunning master with pristine ensuite, and French doors to the front verandah. Ideal as a teen retreat, the upper level comprises two bedrooms and bathroom, and a sunlit casual living room opening to a charming balcony capturing district views to Manly with leafy harbour cameos.
* The home is serviced by 3 immaculate heritage-style bathrooms, 1 with clawfoot bath. Additional features include a huge storage room or workshop, sandstone wine cellar, double vine-covered carport, gas heating and security alarm.
* Enjoying a sought-after family setting, delight in the privacy and tranquillity of this exceptional home, with only a short stroll to North Harbour Reserve and Forty Baskets Beach, and easy convenience to Manly's cosmopolitan hub.