North-facing 1920s cottage with ocean views
FIND. This charming 1920s brick cottage with stunning original features offers the rare opportunity to renovate a period home with outstanding bones. Set on a large, near-level block of 676.6sqm, the house sits within an exclusive pocket of Balgowlah that is elevated and positioned to capture spectacular views of Manly and the ocean.
LOVE. The original period detailing seen throughout this captivating home adds a richness of character and includes the original Oregon floorboards, leadlight windows, chandelier fittings and beautifully high and ornate ceilings.
• The lounge room is extended by a sunroom that faces direct north and offers a stunning view of the district that stretches out to Manly and the ocean beyond.
• The kitchen is in perfect working condition with gas cooking, and ample cupboard and bench space, while the original bathroom features a shower.
• A versatile room to the rear of the house could be used for dining, or extended or opened up into the garden to create a modern living space with the much-desired indoor/outdoors flow (STCA).
• The three bedrooms are all generously proportioned, with a bay window and built-ins in the master, and recently replaced carpet in all rooms.
• The park-like garden offers trees for protection and privacy and a vast amount of lawn space. Also to the rear is a tandem lock-up garage, an external WC and shed.
• The construction is solid (blue) brick with timber additions. There's the possibility of captialising on the incredible district and ocean views by adding another level (STCA).
LIVE. This tranquil setting is just 200-metres from the Balgowlah Heights shops, close to excellent schools and bus stops, and provides easy access to Manly and the city. There is no shortage of natural scenery in the immediate area, with Dobroyd Head, Clontarf Beach and North Harbour Reserve all within a 20-minute walk.