Allambie is an Aboriginal word ‘a peaceful place’ and although this suburb has seen huge value growth over the last decade, it has maintained that relaxed, family friendly feel.
Allambie Heights boasts great access to the Northern Beaches, Frenchs Forest business area, Northern Beaches Hospital, Chatswood CBD and Warringah Mall. With its local shops and a reputable public school, Allambie Heights is highly sought after by families, both with young children and teenagers.
Only 18km northeast of Sydney’s CBD and bordered to the south by Manly Dam Reserve, Allambie Heights is a well-connected suburb, with buyers flocking from all parts of Sydney to secure their piece of this area that offers so much convenience and lifestyle. There are great amenities offered by the suburb as well as being close to the pristine Manly Dam and War Memorial Park with its walking and bike tracks. Only recently restored to provide a continuous 7.3km trail, the Heritage Walking Track is home to a number of species of plants, animals and Aboriginal rock carvings.
To the north, Allambie Heights is bordered by Allenby Park, which includes small patches of rainforest and is bisected by small creeks and waterfalls. The Allenby Park Trail is a family favourite, with an easy 2km walking track that passes by the Allenby Park Waterfall. On the western border sits Garigal National Park which is also known for its stunning tracks and trails through the Forest, Belrose and St Ives area.
It is easy to see why Allambie Heights is such a popular place for a range of market segments including families, couples and downsizers. These buyers can see value in the proximity to amenities such as the Northern Beaches Hospital, local shops, large shopping centres and lifestyle options including walking, running and cycling trails as well as the close proximity to the spectacular beaches up and down the peninsula.
- 142 bus to Manly Wharf
- E66 bus to Wynyard Station
- 280 bus to Chatswood & Warringah Mall
- The B-Line bus can be caught from Warringah Mall
Schools in the area
There are many highly regarded schools in the Northern Beaches area, for both primary and high school education. Please do your own research and refer to the school catchment area as per the School finder website.
A handy set of shops along Allambie Road and Grigor Place near the school and oval has everything you need:
- IGA Independent Supermarket
- Chubby Fish Allambie
- Allambie Pie Shop
- Bakers Delight
- Wandee Thai Kitchen
- The Allambie Pizza Shop
- Delhi Darbar Indian Restaurant
- La Boca Cafe is located further down before Kentwell Road turns into Allambie Road and is a local favourite for coffee, breakfast and lunch.
- Allenby Park Trail is one of our best-kept secrets, you’ll forget you’re in Sydney as you slip into this tranquil stunning pocket of natural bush. Picturesque waterfalls, mossy boulders and panoramic views of the coast.
- Manly Dam Reserve is the habitat for several species of plants and animals as well as a great place for walking, running, cycling and swimming