Known for its tree-lined streets, surrounding waterways and a convenient shopping village, North Balgowlah is a quaint suburb with plenty to offer. With a close knit community, all the necessary amenities at your fingertips, a highly reputable primary school, easy access to city transport and local attractions such as Manly Dam and Wakehurst Golf Course close by, it’s easy to see why the locals like to keep North Balgowlah hidden.
With the stunning waterways of Middle Harbour on one side and the scenic surrounds of Garigal National Park on the other, you can’t help but feel immersed in nature when in North Balgowlah. Both natural parks ensure there are plenty of scenic lookouts and walkways close by.
The majority of the original fibro cottages are almost gone being replaced with quality new and luxurious family homes it’s easy to understand how this suburb has a lot to offer those seeking a great family lifestyle.
- Balgowlah North Public School. Click for link
- The Forest High School. Click for link
- Mackellar Girls High School. Click for link
- Balgowlah Boys High School. Click for link
- The local shopping village has all the necessary conveniences - Betts Butchery, North Balgowlah Bakery, The Nectar Coffee House, North Balgowlah Cellars, Amis & Moi Gift & Homewares.
- Woolgoolga Reserve & Playground. Click for link
- Timber Getters Track and Pickering Point. Click for link
What we love, by Andrew Lutze
“This is the go-to family-friendly suburb on the beaches. I love how this suburb has been transformed over the years to now boast almost 80% young families driven by great schooling and safe friendly neighbourhoods. There are also a variety of local shops and cafes that offer a butcher, newsagent, bakery, chicken shop, greengrocer, pharmacy, convenient store etc… and all of this plus CBD transport all on the doorstep of Manly Dam bush walks, bike tracks and Wakehurst golf club.”
Median House Prices in North Balgowlah
- Buy: $2,050,000
- Rent: $1125 PW