Freshwater is the quintessential coastal village and has become increasingly popular in recent years. Situated 2km north of Manly, Freshwater village is 500 metres inland from Freshwater Beach. The village is known for its attractive high street, which features boutique fashion and surf-wear, homewares, cafes, bars, beauticians and bakeries. The unique retail mix, combined with a laid-back atmosphere, beckons barefooted surfers, workers and families alike.
Freshwater is a beautiful beach wedged between two headlands. This is a great beach for families with a terrific rock pool and a nice little playground.
The suburb itself presents a mixture of homes – with apartment blocks, renovated ‘Fishermans’ cottages and luxurious homes making it now one of the most popular places to live on the Northern Beaches.
- Harbord Public School. Click for link
- Mackellar Girls High School. Click for link
- Balgowlah Boys High School. Click for link
- Harbord Diggers Club is right on the headland with stunning views right up and down Sydney's northern beaches. Click for link
- Mrs Jones the Baker. Click for link
- Freshwater Life Saving Club. Click for link
- Fishermans Walk. Head up the stairs by the Ocean Pool and follow the path around to South Curl Curl. Click for link
- Freshwater is a close community – they even have their own community online newsletter. Click for link
Median House Prices in Freshwater
- House: Buy: $2,850,000
- Rent: $1,395 PW
Median Unit/Apartment Prices in Freshwater
- Unit: Buy: $945,000
- Rent: $613 PW
* Source: realestate.com.au