In recent years, Dee Why has become increasingly cosmopolitan with many attractions from stylish beach cafes, fine dining and bars, a sweeping beach of golden sand, 50m ocean pool, picnic areas, a new town centre and over 200 specialist shops. With a healthy mix of properties ranging from budget units to prestigious homes on the headland, it is no wonder that Dee Why is increasingly sought after by investors, downsizers, young families and wealthy executives keen to take advantage of a beachside lifestyle.
The southern end of Dee Why Beach the promenade and facilities have had a major upgrade and as a result, Dee Why Beach has become a very popular family spot.
Beautiful sandstone landscaping enhances the many things on offer at this end of the beach, the Surf club, rock pool and pretty parkland, with picnic tables and an enclosed playground. Across the road from all of this, you will find an enticing row of cafes and restaurants.
North of the beach is Dee Why Lagoon, a wildlife sanctuary for birds since 1973. Long Reef Beach curves northeast from the lagoon to a golf course and Long Reef Point, taking in the oldest aquatic reserve in NSW. You can spot whales from the lookout between May and November.
- B-Line bus to the city. Click for link
- 199 bus to Manly & Palm Beach. Click for link
- 136 bus to Chatswood. Click for link
- Dee Why Public School. Click for link
- Cromer High School. Click for link
- St Luke's Grammar School. Click for link
- Three major supermarkets on your doorstep. Woolworths, Coles & Aldi.
- Meriton retail precinct. Offering multiple culinary choices. Click for link
- Sandbar Café. Coffee with a view. Click for link
- Stella Blu is a Dee Why restaurant institution having opened its doors on Dee Why’s beachfront in 1992. Click for link
- Dee Why RSL. Live music, great food, trivia and family-friendly. Click for link
- Dee Why foreshore is a place to relax with shady picnic areas and BBQs with the ocean water all within a few steps.
Median House Prices in Dee Why
- House: Buy: $2,259,000
- Rent: $820 PW
Median Unit/Apartment Prices in Dee Why
- Unit: Buy: $820,000
- Rent: $550 PW
* Source: realestate.com.au