Halfway along the Northern Beaches, Collaroy is the epitome of beachside living. It is a tight-knit community that’s laid-back and family-friendly but offers easy access to the city. The beach itself boasts good swimming and manageable waves for newer surfers, along with a rockpool and children's play area.
You will find a good mix of home styles here, ranging from quite large single-family houses on tree-lined streets to beach cottages to apartment blocks along the water.
The main thoroughfare through town, Pittwater Road, offers several cafes, restaurants, shops, and services. And you can still catch a movie at the landmark Collaroy Cinema, which was built in 1938. For recreation -- besides the beach -- there is golfing at the Long Reef Golf Club, tennis at the Collaroy Tennis Club, and bush walks.
- B-Line bus to City, Warringah mall, Mona Vale. Click for link
- 199 bus to Manly, Palm Beach. Click for link
- Collaroy Plateau Public primary school. Click for link
- Dee Why Public primary school. Click for link
- Narrabeen Sports High school. Click for link
- Northern Beaches Secondary College Cromer campus. Click for link
- Legendary on the Northern Beaches the Upper Crust Pie shop always draws a crowd so get there early. Click for link
- The Collaroy owned and renovated by the Merivale group is an amazing local venue set right on the beachfront. Click for link
- El GusanoTaqueria offering authentic Mexican street food in a colourful friendly setting. Click for link
- Sloppy Tees Café offers a selection of delicious home baked goods, amazing Toby Estate coffee, fresh breakfast/brunch and lunch options Click for link
- Long Reef Golf Club. 18 hole Golf course it’s beachfront position boasts unsurpassed views all the way to the Central Coast in the north and Manly in the south. White Rock Café in the clubhouse offers amazing ocean views Click for link
- Collaroy Beach Playground offers equipment for a variety of ages, tables and a beach view. Click for link
- Long Reef coastal walk. Click for link
Median House Prices in Collaroy
- House: Buy: $2,650,000
- Rent: $1,275 PW
Median Unit/Apartment Prices in Collaroy
- Unit: Buy: $953,500
- Rent: $600 PW
* Source: realestate.com.au