With North Harbour on one side and Middle Harbour on the other, Balgowlah is a relaxed established suburb. Lying just 13 kilometres north of the CBD and 4 kilometres west of iconic Manly Beach, Balgowlah’s prime location makes it one of the most sought-after suburbs on the Northern Beaches.
Convenience is on offer at every turn for visitors and locals to Balgowlah. The central Sydney Road is a constant buzz with dozens of restaurants serving up local and international cuisines, boutique shopping as well as a quintessential cafe culture. The Stockland Balgowlah complex provides access to supermarket and large brand shopping options.
With the city right on your doorstep and neighbouring Manly Beach just a stone’s throw away, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more convenient and appealing Northern Beaches suburb than Balgowlah.
- 180 bus to Wynard Station & Warringah Mall. Click for bus route
- 143 bus to Manly & Chatswood. Click for bus route
- B-Line bus can be caught from Warringah Mall. Click for bus route
- The Hop, Skip & Jump is a free community mini bus which runs on 3 routes 7 days a week The bus route travels through Balgowlah and run to Manly, Seaforth, Balgowlah Heights & North Balgowlah. Click for link
- Balgowlah Heights Public School. Click for link
- Manly West Public School. Click for link
- Balgowlah Boys High School. Click for link
- McKellar Girls High School. Click for link
- St Cecilia's Catholic School. Click for link.
- Stockland Balgowlah. Click for link
- Club Totem - A great place to catch up with friends... Bars, Restaurant & Function Spaces in the heart of Balgowlah. Click for link
- Balgowlah Social Café serves up specialty coffee and tasty fresh food. Click for link
- Roseberry Street Café is a specialty micro coffee roaster which is a favourite pick for many Balgowlah locals. Click for link
- Forty Baskets Beach, Beatty St, Balgowlah. Here you will find a small secluded beach with netted baths, barbecue facilities, picnic tables and large grassy areas.
- The North Harbour reserve playground is a popular playground for families, a run on the scooter or bike or for a picnic or birthday party.
Median House Prices in Balgowlah
- House: Buy: $2,055,000
- Rent: $1050 PW
Median Unit/Apartment Prices in Balgowlah
- Unit: Buy: $1,053,000
- Rent: $600 PW