Federation Gem on Exclusive Eastern Hill
FIND. With an idyllic setting at the quiet cul-de-sac end of harbourside Stuart St, this picture-perfect c.1912 Federation home makes it difficult to imagine a more blissful place to live and raise a family. Brimming with beautiful period features and within footsteps of secluded Collins Flat Beach and family-favourite Little Manly, this gorgeous character home feels miles away from it all yet is so conveniently close to the buzz of Manly and the city.
LOVE. As you pass through the white picket fence and ascend the front stairs, take a moment to pause on the charming verandah to admire the view over bushland and the sparkling blue water of Store Beach. Beyond the quaint façade, the home reveals impressive heritage detailing with soaring ceilings, a sweeping hallway with ornate plaster arches and timber panelling, plaster ceiling roses, picture rails, exposed brick fireplaces and original polished timber floorboards.
• A covered and shuttered alfresco entertaining area opens out onto a generous and child-friendly north-east facing garden
• Bedrooms are oversized with built-in robes, ceiling fans and carpet in all; a smaller fourth bedroom is ideal for a child's room or study
• The elegant living space features a stunning exposed brick fireplace with gas fire as well as a trio of large traditional sash windows
• Fresh paint throughout and well-placed skylights make the home feel light and bright, while the extra-wide hallway easily accommodates a bank of built-in storage
• A modern eat-in kitchen includes gas cooktop and stainless steel appliances
• To the rear of the house is an updated bathroom complete with bath and heated towel rail, as well as a discreet European-style laundry
• Handy attic storage is a welcome feature plus plenty of under-house storage makes it easy to safely stow bikes, kayaks and other 'toys'.
LIVE. Set in a quiet and peaceful position a stone's throw from Collins Flat and Little Manly beaches and directly opposite Manly Point Park, this very special harbourside home offers the best of both worlds. Enjoy the relaxed way of life a home by the water offers while also relishing the lifestyle afforded by its proximity to lively Manly and its cafes, bars, restaurants, shopping and transport.