Classic 1920s home with exclusive Eastern Hill address
FIND. After being in the family for 51 years, It's rare that opportunities like this pop up. This is the chance to renovate an original 1920s home in one of the most idyllic and sought-after locations in Manly. Situated on the exclusive Eastern Hill, and showcasing stunning views of the harbour, this spacious home with self-contained accommodation offers outstanding potential.
LOVE. The options & development potential are open to be explored on this subdivisible block. Choose to celebrate this distinctive home's heritage by re-imagining and modernising the layout. Harness the incredible harbour views, as others in the street have done, by adding another level. Or there's even the possibility of building from the ground upwards (STCA for all of these options).
• The lounge room and adjoining sunroom are placed privately to the rear and gravitate around views of the harbour. Watch the comings and goings of boats and the ferry from the comfort of your couch.
• The spacious eat-in sized kitchen is well placed to service the living areas and features gas cooking. The main bathroom is in original condition.
• Accommodation is strikingly generous, with four large bedrooms, with three having feature built-ins. Another versatile room could be used as a home office or fifth bedroom.
• On the lower level is self-contained accommodation, with a bedroom, living space with kitchenette, a shower bathroom and separate WC. This flows out to a level lawn, which is private and surrounded by trees.
• The sandstone base provides a solid foundation to work with, while the rear north-facing aspect sets up the ideal conditions to create spectacular sun-drenched living and entertaining.
• A single lock-up garage allows precious space for parking, as well as storage.
LIVE. This exclusive location offers a magical lifestyle that is based on convenience and instant access to cosmopolitan and scenic attractions. Known for its idyllic and peaceful surroundings, the Eastern Hill gets little traffic and is close to North Head, as well as Shelly Beach. It's a few minutes' walk to Little Manly Beach, and a 10-minute walk to Manly Wharf, shops, bars and cafes.