Period home with exciting renovation potential
FIND. This freestanding brick home is a unique proposition for those looking to create their dream home in a superb lifestyle location close to beaches, shops and within walking distance of Manly's conveniences.
LOVE. Set on a generous block of land in a prized pocket of Manly, the current house possesses the attractive qualities of space, light, high ornamental ceilings and generous proportions. However, there are approved DA plans in place to re-model the house into a dual-level, four-bedroom house with rear-set outdoor entertaining, and spacious open-plan living on the top floor. Work with the current layout, move on with the approved DA plans, or start from fresh with your own vision (STCA).
• Spacious, light-filled lounge and dining area with high, ornamental ceilings, a large east-facing window and parquetry floors.
• The kitchen is in fantastic original condition, with timber cabinetry and gas cooking.
• Also in original condition, the bathroom features a bath and shower, and there is a separate WC room.
• Three generous bedrooms, the master with built-ins and district views.
• There is internal access to the lower level, which contains three separate rooms, plus extensive under-house storage. This space has the potential to be renovated or utilised in a number of ways.
• The private and enclosed backyard features a split-level design that includes an alfresco patio, veggie beds and a level lawn.
• Off-street parking for one car.
LIVE. This convenient pocket of Manly is prized because of its peaceful surroundings yet is within close proximity to beaches, shopping and public transport. It's a 10-minute level stroll to Queenscliff Beach; a 15-minute walk to Fairlight Beach; supermarkets can be easily accessed at Stockland Shopping Centre, and there are bus stops and The Andrew Boy Charlton moments away on Balgowlah Road.