Majestic California Bungalow with contemporary finesse
FIND. Set across two exquisitely crafted levels and offering an extensive floorplan that includes multiple living zones, 'Tootoowun' (a good-humoured nod to its numbering on Sydney Road) is a majestic California Bungalow that has been lovingly updated over the years, while proudly celebrating its heritage roots.
LOVE. This distinguished house is perfectly positioned to capture extensive views of the district, while also being just a short walk into Manly. A contemporary open-plan living area is set privately to the rear and provides easy connections with the spectacular outdoor entertaining that includes lush, tropical gardens and an elevated deck and pool.
• Spectacular outdoor entertaining includes a patio, a level lawn, a pool with hot-and-cold outdoor shower, and an elevated entertainer's deck with district views.
• Period features include high, ornate ceilings, picture rails, pine floorboards, and an incredible selection of leadlight windows with stained glass.
• Gourmet kitchen with Calcutta marble splashback, induction cooktop, stone counters and an island bench with casual seating.
• Upstairs there are four bedrooms, with the street facing rooms featuring double glazed windows. There are two queens, one single and a king-sized master bedroom that features a walk-in robe, a shower en-suite as well as north-facing balcony with far-reaching district views.
• Elegant main bathroom with clawfoot bath. Contemporary bathroom downstairs with rainfall shower.
• A second living space adjoins a luxurious home office and the fifth bedroom. There is potential for this section of the house to be converted into self-contained accommodation (STCA)
• There is ducted air-conditioning upstairs, while downstairs benefits from natural cooling and is warmed by a gas fire in the colder months.
• There is a double carport and a generous store room that could also double as a cellar.
LIVE. Local parks, shops and schools are on your doorstep, and a number of world-class beaches & iconic harbourside vistas and walkways are within easy reach. Express bus services make the city commute a breeze, while Manly is just a 15-minute stroll down the hill.