Federation Show-stopper in Fabulous Fairlight
FIND. With an enticing blend of old world charm and contemporary appeal, 'Redhill' is an elegant freestanding c.1907 Federation home ideally-positioned in an exclusive harbourside pocket of sought-after Fairlight. Impeccably restored to preserve all the grace and elegance of its era, this adored family home has also been sensitively updated to incorporate all the comforts of modern living.
LOVE. Graced with classic heritage detailing, this character-rich home is a wonderful example of the elegant architecture of its era. With gloriously high decorative ceilings and cornices, picture rails, ceiling roses, a sweeping hallway with ornate arches and architraves, original fireplaces, leadlight windows and polished timber floorboards, this enchanting home delights at every turn.
• Recently-renovated, the well-appointed kitchen features shaker-style cabinetry, stone benchtops, breakfast bar, stainless European appliances, gas cooktop and double farmhouse sink
• Four large carpeted bedrooms – three with extensive built-in robes – offer plenty of room to accommodate growing families, with the master incorporating the original fireplace fitted with a cosy gas fire
• French doors open the charming sitting room/media room out onto the covered verandah and paved, fully-enclosed sunny front garden/terrace
• Two extra-large luxury bathrooms offer underfloor heating, walk-in showers, heated towel racks and even a spa bath in one
• Brimming with period elegance, the stunning formal dining room is a true jewel in the crown with classic ornate detailing, original fireplace and french doors with leadlight feature windows
• Light and bright, fitted with skylights and a bank of timber-framed windows, the open-plan kitchen/living is the contemporary and functional heart of the home and overlooks the private rear garden
• Downstairs, a study/home office opens out onto the covered alfresco entertaining area and enclosed level garden; there is also a separate laundry, WC and vast fully-enclosed underhouse storage - perfect for a wine cellar!
LIVE. Redhill's enviable lifestyle location has its lucky owners within strolling distance of Fairlight village, cafes, shopping and express city buses, while a walk via the stunning Fairlight coastal walkway leads to beautiful local beaches and on to vibrant Manly with its cosmopolitan restaurants, boutiques, bars and cafés.
Size: 399 sqm approx.
Water Rates: $179 per quarter
Council Rates: $619 per quarter