Outstanding potential for charismatic period home
FIND. This freestanding c1911 Federation home is in outstanding original condition and presents a golden opportunity for a keen renovator to bring it to its full potential. This charismatic residence will suit those who are looking to create their dream home in a superb lifestyle location close to beaches, shops & within walking distance of Manly.
LOVE. Set on a generous block of 411sqm, & with plenty of internal space to play with, the house itself holds bags of character and charm. Exquisite period details include high ornamental ceilings, bay windows, original hardwood floors and leadlight windows to the front of the house. While the house is in great condition to live in now, the solid brick and sandstone construction provides the perfect bones to sculpt a more contemporary and free-flowing layout if desired. The property has DA approval for a substantial two storey family home.
• Classic verandah with timber lattice to the front of the house, where there is also off-street parking for at least two car and gated access.
• A classic lounge room with hardwood floors is separate to a dining area that then flows into an original kitchen with electric cooking.
• An entertainer's deck sits to the rear of the house and leads onto a large and beautifully private back yard with a level lawn that captures all day sun.
• Accommodation consists of four bedrooms, three of which are downstairs, while another room is located in the converted attic, which steps out onto its own private balcony with a stunning view of the surrounding district.
• Well-presented bathroom with bathtub and overhead shower.
LIVE. This convenient pocket of Fairlight is prized because of its close proximity to shops and schools, as well as being within walking distance to Manly. The Fairlight shops are just a 2 minute walk away with its own Butcher, Grocer, Cafés & Pharmacy. The closest beach is in Fairlight, which is just a 15-minute walk, or carry on a bit further to Manly where there are numerous beaches to choose from. City buses can be caught from Sydney Road, & the house sits within the catchment area for Manly West Public School, which is just a short stroll away.