Impeccable character home with light-filled living
FIND. Nestled on a premier street in Fairlight, this delightful 1920s cottage presents a sophisticated blend of old world charm and contemporary finesse. It has undergone a superb renovation where careful thought and consideration has gone into the detail and presentation of every room. This impeccable home delivers a functional, family-friendly layout and offers peace and privacy as well as remarkable north-facing living and entertaining spaces.
LOVE. Taking centre stage is an impressively spacious and light-filled living area that allows fluid movement between lounge, dining and kitchen. This space is perfectly primed for entertaining, with a set of bi-fold doors that open up to allow living to meet a north-facing entertainer's deck.
• Open-plan living features easy-care bamboo floors, stunning cathedral ceilings, stylish tongue-in-groove paneling, and flows out to a newly installed timber entertainer's deck that overlooks a level lawn area.
• A second lawn sits to the front of the house, which is enclosed by a front gate and fence.
• Designer kitchen with marble-look stone counters, an island bench with casual seating, Smeg freestanding gas cooker, dishwasher, high-end joinery and concealed laundry facilities.
• Accommodation consists of three good-sized bedrooms. There is reverse-cycle air-con in two of them, and mirrored built-ins in the master.
• The stylish bathroom features a bath with overhead shower.
• Brick and sandstone construction with weatherboard cladding, showcasing many of its original features including a leadlight front door, high ornate ceilings, and a cast-iron fireplace.
• There is extensive storage in the attic (which is properly ventilated and insulated), as well as underneath the house.
LIVE. This premium address offers easy access to shops, public transport, schools and beaches as well as being in the catchment zone for Manly West Public School. If you're in the mood for a swim, choose from Fairlight, Queenscliff or Manly beaches, which are all a 15-minute walk away. Or it's a 15-minute stroll into Manly, where there is a fantastic selection of shops and eateries.