Palatial period home on a huge block boasting ocean views
Entrance via 14 Gertrude Street, Balgowlah Heights
* Positioned in a quiet street within a highly sought-after locale, this double storey Spanish Mission home is set on a generous block of approximately 700sqm.
* Boasting palatial proportions combined with stunning water views and a close proximity to amenities, it presents a superb opportunity to secure a property with immense potential for renovation.
* Surrounded by lush front gardens, a water feature and a classic cream façade, steps climb to an elevated patio with ample space for an outdoor setting.
* Throughout the residence, east facing windows afford streams of natural light and beyond the wide entrance are two generous bedrooms with vast built-in robes.
* An expansive, light filled lounge has an exquisite original fireplace and elegant mantel, and breathtaking ocean views. The adjoining formal dining room features a mirrored wall and the spacious circular sunroom provides a perfect peaceful retreat.
* The bright kitchen includes a Bosch oven, Miele dishwasher, ample bench space, plentiful cupboards and a servery. A sunny meals area has a leafy outlook, and a nearby separate bathroom offers a large shower.
* Stairs lead up to a sitting room with a quaint balcony and equally spectacular views.
* Interior features include polished floorboards, soaring ceilings, original doors and windows, roof storage and wooden venetians.
* A side path wraps around the rear of the home to a paved patio and stone steps trailing down to a huge lawn surrounded by tall trees.Outside is also an external bathroom with a shower, and a sizeable laundry.
* In addition to a single lock-up garage, this exceptional property is within walking distance of Balgowlah village, Clontarf Beach, reserves, local schools and CBD buses.