Mid Century modern architectural masterpiece
FIND. Mid Century Modern enthusiasts and design hunters will be barely able to contain their enthusiasm for this extraordinary home designed in 1969 in a collaboration of noted Sydney architects Allan Holt and Peter Swan.
LOVE. In immaculate condition, this incredible residence was undoubtedly at the very forefront of Sydney residential architecture with its era-typical skillion roof, exposed bricks and epic cathedral ceilings supported by magnificent exposed polished hardwood beams, and oriented to maximise natural light and expansive views across Middle Harbour.
- Large modern eat-in Caesarstone kitchen with Miele appliance suite, including induction and gas cooktop
- Ducted air conditioning with floor-to-ceiling timber-framed windows throughout
- Spectacular open plan living/dining with sunken lounge, soaring cathedral ceiling and original polished tallowwood floorboards and cedar joinery
- Expansive master suite with contemporary ensuite with separate bath and shower plus original solid cedar built-in wardrobes
- Two additional large upstairs bedrooms with their own ensuites, plus original solid cedar built-in robes
- Sunny north-facing terrace adjoining wraparound balcony
- Oversized double carport plus additional driveway parking
LIVE. Leafy Balgowlah Heights is beloved by families for its easy access to amenities including schools, shopping and transport, and especially for its close proximity to the beautiful harbour foreshore with its stunning bushland and beaches.
Water rates: Approx $151 pq
Council rates: Approx $885 pq
Size: Approx 645 sqm
ABOUT THE AREA
- Buses to City CBD, Warringah Mall and Manly
- Hop Skip Jump bus to Stockland Balgowlah Shopping Centre
- Balgowlah Heights Village shops, cafes and restaurants
- Stockland Balgowlah shopping centre
- Westfield Warringah Mall
- Balgowlah Heights Public School
- Balgowlah Boys Campus
- Mackellar Girls Campus
WHAT THE OWNER LOVES:
- We have lived in this home for 18 years and have loved every minute we've spent in this beautifully-designed space
- This is the place to be on New Year's Eve with fantastic views of the fireworks
- We love the location and being able to wander down to the harbour's edge for a swim or a walk
Covid-19 Information: Please ensure you have read and understand our most up to date Covid-19 safety guidelines and conditions of entry to our offices and open homes. Please click the following link, or search "Covid" on our blog, for full details: bit.ly/Covid08Nov21
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the information provided to you in our marketing material, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by our Vendors, and as such, Cunninghams makes no statement, representation or warranty, and assumes no legal liability in relation to the accuracy of the information provided. Interested parties should conduct their own due diligence in relation to each property they are considering purchasing. All photographs, maps and images are representative only, for marketing purposes.