Shalimar' - a garden paradise with further potential
* Privately positioned behind an ivy-clad wall and deep, leafy foregarden, this classic California bungalow is set on the fringe of Balgowlah village a 300m stroll to North Harbour Reserve and Forty Baskets Beach.
* Tastefully updated and extended retaining its inherent architectural appeal, it proudly showcases the beautiful proportions and refined features of its 1920s heritage recreated with a contemporary family focused redesign.
* Named after the celebrated royal gardens of Kashmir, ‘Shalimar' is set on solid sandstone foundations and framed by leafy landscaped gardens creating an ideal environment for alfresco living and entertaining.
* Surprisingly peaceful for its central village setting, the property is set well back from the street and introduced by a classic portico and elegant entry hall with custom wenge floating cabinetry and elegant timber fretwork details.
* Fluid open plan living and dining space is graced with an original fireplace, high battened ceilings and polished timber floors and opens out to a stunning deck with integrated seating and the lush garden paradise beyond.
* Featuring solid CaesarStone benchtops and a deep casual dining bar, the designer kitchen is appointed with integrated stainless steel appliances, sleek glass splashbacks and plentiful storage.
* Accommodation comprises three double bedrooms, one opening to a fitted study or ideal children's playroom and the master with grand focal fireplace and an elegant bay window seat overlooking the front gardens.
* A new designer skylit bathroom with Kaldewei bath and chic floating glass-topped vanity services the bedrooms while a separate laundry/utilities room features an extra W.C. and beach shower.
* Explore the potential to further develop with a second level capitalising on potential views over Manly harbour. Additional features include a secure undercover carport plus additional off street parking, gas heating, ornate ceilings and picture rails.