Exquisitely modernised California Bungalow
FIND. This distinguished California Bungalow has been renovated and extended, sensitively blending the old with the new. It presents as a fresh, contemporary home with sophisticated high-end finishes, free-flowing interiors and lots of functional space for families. Resting on a popular, tightly-held street in Balgowlah, this location offers outstanding convenience, with easy walking access to beaches, shops, schools and eateries.
LOVE. An architect-designed renovation has preserved the exquisite features of the original c1917 section of the home, and added a sweeping, modern, light-filled living zone that offers effortless interactions between indoors and out. A true entertainer with private alfresco spaces, a pool, and multiple breakout zones, this is a luxurious contemporary home with tons of style and presence.
- Lounge room with brick fireplace leads to a bright sunroom, a quiet and comfortable space away from the main living hub of the home
- High decorative ceilings, some original light fittings, original leadlight windows, all in pristine condition
- Contemporary open-plan living and dining zone with polished concrete floors, tons of natural light, and seamless flow to backyard entertaining
- Solar-heated saltwater pool, raised Astroturf garden area plus Vergola-covered entertainer's terrace
- Three downstairs bedrooms are over-sized and comfortably appointed, serviced by a modern bathroom with bathtub & rainfall shower
- Upper parents retreat with large bedroom, walk-in robes & shower en-suite
- Large laundry room with extra storage space, outdoor shower & WC, water tanks, attic and under-stairs storage, auto-blinds in living, in-built speakers, gas bayonets
- Lock-up garage with mezzanine storage, plus driveway parking
LIVE. Accessibility is a huge bonus from this central location, which offers easy connections to the city and Manly, and is within walking distance of Fairlight and Manly. Bus stops are just metres away, including express services to the city. A short walk down the road are supermarkets, eateries and shops in Balgowlah village and there is a good selection of local shops in nearby Balgowlah Heights. Also within walking distance are the stunning environs of North Harbour Reserve, Forty Baskets and Fairlight Beach, which are all favourite spots with locals.
Water rates: Approx $148 pq
Council rates: Approx $744 pq
Size: Approx 696 sqm
ABOUT THE AREA
- Buses to city CBD, Chatswood, Westfield Warringah Mall and Manly.
- Stockland Balgowlah shopping centre and Balgowlah village provide a choice of cafes, shops and restaurants.
- Manly West Primary School
- Balgowlah Heights Primary School
- St. Cecilia´s Catholic Primary
- Balgowlah Boys High
WHAT THE OWNER LOVES:
- We tried to preserve the essence of the original section of the home. We love the beautiful leadlight windows and the pristine decorative ceilings.
- It’s been a wonderful family home with lots of happy memories.
- We love the location, which is conveniently close to schools, the city, beaches and shops.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the information provided to you in our marketing material, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by our Vendors, and as such, Cunninghams makes no statement, representation or warranty, and assumes no legal liability in relation to the accuracy of the information provided. Interested parties should conduct their own due diligence in relation to each property they are considering purchasing. All photographs, maps and images are representative only, for marketing purposes.