Character and charm meets potential and opportunity
If you are affected by the current stay at home orders, please contact us and we can arrange a virtual inspection.
FIND. Positioned on a generous 537sqm (sub-dividable) corner block with dual street frontage and held in the same family for 94 years, this beautiful Art Deco bungalow is currently configured as two separate apartments, offering endless versatility and opportunity with the option of living in one and renting out the other, or combining both to create a gracious family home.
LOVE. Brimming with exquisite original Art Deco features, the property is a stunning example of its architectural era with a traditional brick façade set upon an exposed sandstone base and a shingle-skirted bay window. Ornate leadlight front doors swing open to reveal character interiors graced with high patterned ceilings, picture rails and traditional decorative architraves.
- Front apartment offers charming living room complete with original fireplace and bay leadlight window
- Contemporary kitchen with gas cooktop
- Neat and tidy original bathroom with shower/bath
- Airy master bedroom with high patterned ceilings
- Rear apartment with driveway access onto Waratah Street
- Double lock-up garage with gated driveway parking
- Character living room with leadlight bay window and window seat
- Modern gas kitchen with Bosch dishwasher and breakfast bar
- Newer extension includes contemporary bathroom, spacious master bedroom and large sunny verandah
LIVE. Conveniently placed between Balgowlah and Fairlight, this central address offers easy access to schools, parks, city buses, cafes and restaurants. The lifestyle location has plenty to offer with village shopping, coastal walkways and beaches, as well as close proximity to Manly.
Water rates: Approx $150 pq
Council rates: Approx $446 pq
Size: Approx 539 sqm
ABOUT THE AREA
- Buses to city CBD, Chatswood, Westfield Warringah Mall & Manly
- Stockland Balgowlah shopping centre and Balgowlah village provide a choice of cafes, shops & restaurants
- Manly West Public School
- Balgowlah Boys Campus
- Mackellar Girls Campus
WHAT THE OWNER LOVES:
- We love the home's beautiful period detail – it feels like a unique and special place to live
- Being able to generate income by renting out the second apartment has been fantastic
- The location is so convenient with city buses out the front and within easy walking distance of both Balgowlah and Fairlight villages
Covid-19 Information: Please ensure you have read and understand our most up to date Covid-19 safety guidelines and conditions of entry to our offices and open homes. Please click the following link, or search "Covid" on our blog, for full details: bit.ly/COVIDsafe28Jun21
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and thoroughness of the information provided to you in our marketing material, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by our Vendors, and as such, Cunninghams makes no statement, representation or warranty, and assumes no legal liability in relation to the accuracy of the information provided. Interested parties should conduct their own due diligence in relation to each property they are considering purchasing. All photographs, maps and images are representative only, for marketing purposes.