Charming, Art-Deco apartment in iconic building - heart of Manly
• Rarely do you come across a brilliantly renovated apartment with superior inclusions that has so successfully managed to retain all the charm and character inclusions of the Art-Deco period.
• The Checkers is one of Manly's finest examples of Art-Deco architecture - the entrance is marked by grand columns and terrazzo stairs.
• This secure building is located directly between South Steyne and the harbour - meters from many restaurants, bars and shops, and a level stroll to Shelly Beach - an unsurpassed location. There's no need for the car as everything you need is within a five minute level walk.
• The owners of this apartment have lovingly retained all character inclusions such as pressed metal ceiling, leadlight windows and doors and an ornamental fireplace - soak up the history without forgoing any modern conveniences!
• The stunning bathroom has been completed with beautiful Italian travertine mosaic tiles and quality features including a dual system shower, wiring and insulation plus new plumbing to make this a wonderful place to retreat at the end of the day.
• A gas kitchen with Miele appliances and solid double-layer Caesarstone bench tops and breakfast bar intergrate seamlessly with the living area. Soft close draws and doors ensure functionality and comfort in the combined living area.
• Storage and space are not compromised in this apartment, with a concealed laundry off the hallway and custom cabinetry in the study/sunroom and bi-fold built-ins in the main bedroom. Complementing the original leadlight windows and doors are the new louvre windows further adding light and capturing lovely sea breezes throughout the apartment.
• This is your opportunity to purchase a secure apartment offering all modern conveniences in the heart of Manly - and your own piece of local history!