Happy New Financial Year!
Even though we finished off FY20/21 in lockdown here in Greater Sydney, it was business as (sort of) usual given these Covid-19 times. We have learnt to adapt quickly and change the way we operate to adhere to the new guidelines while accommodating our clients and their needs. Over the last week we have conducted a successful online Auction, organised countless private viewings, taken buyers through properties via Facetime, met with prospective sellers via Zoom and filmed comprehensive walk throughs of properties for our buyers. While we are aiming to reduce face to face interaction for now, over the last year we have also implemented a range of digital platforms that helps us to continue to provide a seamless service to our clients – lockdown or not.
It is this drive and passion for achieving the best for our clients – buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants – that has resulted in another successful twelve months for our team. Here are some stats that tell the story over a financial year that began with uncertainty but quickly showed resilience, strength and incredible value increases across the Northern Beaches:
Cunninghams General Stats – FY 2020/2021
- Sales: 473
- Average days on market: 23
- Average sale price – all property types: $1.878m
- Total value of property sold: $886m+
- Average number of groups per open home: 15
Where are our buyers coming from?
- 72% from the local Northern Beaches area
- 28% from other locations, including from highest to lowest: Lower North Shore, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West and Upper North Shore followed by Overseas Expats making a return to home shores.
Where are our eventual buyers first finding out about the property?
- 48% Cunninghams buyer database, agent phone call, social media or digital contact
- 45% Real Estate Portals (REA & Domain)
- 7% Other sources
We hope you enjoyed these insights into our local market, and if you would like to find out more about any of this data please don’t hesitate to get in touch.