As we find ourselves in another Covid-19 lockdown we wanted to explain how we have adapted and responded to the new rules and regulations upon us in the property industry. We have done this before and we will get through it again, this time with the benefit of hindsight and knowledge that has helped us be prepared and adapt quickly.
To make it easy, we have put together a summary to assist you in navigating your way through these times, while following the stay at home order which is now in place. Our team has made a number of adjustments to the way we operate and we are well versed in working with these restrictions. With that said, the following changes have been made to ensure we are adhering to the current Government guidelines and keeping everyone’s health and safety at the forefront.
To also assist with reducing face to face interactions where we can, Cunninghams is now set up for all our clients to be able to execute and exchange sale contracts, sign leases and agency agreements in a digital format.
If you’d like to read our latest COVID Safety Plan please click here: COVID-19 Safety Plan 28 June 2021
Private Inspections for Sales and Leasing:
Private inspections for sales and leasing can go ahead, subject to the strict and enforceable guidelines outlined below.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- The viewing of properties will be done by private inspection and are limited to one agent and one client only at a time (no couples, families inside at the same time etc.).
- If you are feeling unwell, particularly if you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please refrain from attending.
- Do not attend if you or your immediate family have been identified as a close contact of a person with COVID-19.
- Do not attend if you have attended a hot spot and been requested to self isolate.
- Do not attend if you are awaiting a negative test result.
- Please provide name, phone number and/or email address of attendee to Cunninghams staff to enable electronic check in.
- Please maintain 1.5 metre social distancing and do not shake hands.
- Please practice safe hand hygiene and use sanitiser on entry.
- Cunninghams staff will open all doors for you and turn on all lights, please refrain from touching anything.
Please note if your property is currently for lease we will not be showing the property until after it is vacated. Inspections will proceed on a by-appointment basis during the week and in line with NSW Government guidelines only one Agent and one Client can attend the appointment. Further, our team members will be organising Face Time/Virtual Inspections where possible with our prospective clients.
Our agents will determine what will work best for you and Cunninghams will have online facilities available.
Property Marketing Appointments
We will continue marketing appointments (photos, copy, floorplan) if our clients are also happy to proceed.
Pre-settlement inspections will proceed but in line with NSW Government guidelines, only one party is to attend.
Routine Inspections (Property Management)
Routine Inspections will be suspended for the time being for all tenancies. If you have received a notification of a Routine Inspection in the last few weeks please disregard, we will be re-scheduling these with you when the situation eases and we feel comfortable doing so.
Vacate Inspections (Property Management)
Our Property Managers will continue to complete vacate inspections as usual. These are also only able to be carried out with one Property Manager and one client. Should you be vacating in the next 2 weeks and wish to attend your vacate inspection please contact your Property Manager.
In end of lease situations, our maintenance team will now only commence work once the current tenant has vacated the property. This will minimise our team’s and preferred tradesman’s risk. Rest assured that minimising vacancy between tenancy is, and will always be a priority for us.
Ingoing Inspections (Property Management)
Ingoing inspections will continue and tenants will be able move in as usual.
Property Management Maintenance (Property Management)
For the moment, only urgent maintenance jobs will still be scheduled, but non-essential/cosmetic work will be deferred until the current stay at home order is lifted. If you have maintenance scheduled for this week or next week with one of our trades, please get in touch with your Property Manager to discuss.
If any of the above raises questions or concerns, please get in touch.