Named after the Aboriginal word meaning North Harbour, Balgowlah is the perfect combination of convenience and lifestyle. Nestled in amongst some stunning waterways, Balgowlah is a convenient suburb with a village feel, only 12 kilometres northeast of the CBD. With its close proximity to Manly, Sydney Road right through the middle and transport links at many locations, Balgowlah is a highly sought-after suburb with a range of buyers.
This picturesque and prime location has some of the area’s most beautiful harbour beaches with North Harbour Reserve a main feature for outdoor recreation and gatherings. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy unbeatable views of Manly Cove sweeping across Sydney Harbour on the stunning Manly Scenic Walkway which winds its way along the North Harbour stretch.
Stockland Balgowlah sits in the heart of the suburb, and with its major grocery store, popular fashion brands, a gym and a thriving restaurant scene sitting below a residential apartment block, the complex delivers a huge benefit to this suburb.
With the city right on your doorstep and neighbouring Manly Beach just a stone’s throw away, you’d be hard-pressed to find a more convenient and appealing Northern Beaches suburb than Balgowlah.
- 180 bus to Wynyard Station & Warringah Mall.
- 143 bus to Manly & Chatswood.
- B-Line bus can be caught from Warringah Mall.
- The Hop, Skip & Jump is a free community minibus that runs on 3 routes 7 days a week. The bus route travels through Balgowlah and runs to Manly, Seaforth, Balgowlah Heights & North Balgowlah.
- Ferries to Sydney CBD from Manly Wharf (a short distance from Balgowlah)
Schools in the area
There are some highly regarded schools in Balgowlah for both primary and high school education (subject to school catchment areas as per School finder website.
- Manly West Public School
- Balgowlah Boys High School
- Mackellar Girls High School
- St Cecilia’s Catholic School
- Stockland Balgowlah
- Club Totem – A great place to catch up with friends… Bars, Restaurant & Function Spaces in the heart of Balgowlah
- Balgowlah Social Café serves up specialty coffee and tasty fresh food.
- Locals are spoilt for choice when it comes to coffee with Roseberry Street Café, Aggy’s Corner and Charlotte café being some of the favourite picks for many Balgowlah locals
- Cunninghams Real Estate head office 😍
- Balgowlah Golf Course, Balgowlah Tennis Club, plenty of gyms
- Bunnings, Woolworths, Aldi and Harvey Norman
- Copper Beech Florist is our go-to for all our plant, floral and gifting needs
- Forty Baskets Beach, Beatty St, Balgowlah. Here you will find a small, secluded beach with netted baths, barbecue facilities, picnic tables and large grassy areas.
- The North Harbour reserve playground is a popular playground for families, a run on the scooter or bike or for a picnic or birthday party.
- The famous Spit to Manly walk is close by.