56 Alexander Street, Manly
4 bed | 2 bath
Impeccable character home in tranquil enclave
FIND. Peacefully nestled within one of the most desirable and tightly held streets in the flat of Manly, this captivating c1910 home has been transformed into a glorious haven for contemporary living. Gracious in its proportions and flawless in style and class, the details of this exquisite character-home are what set it apart. Premium, long-lasting fittings have been chosen to compliment its endearing heritage features, creating an elegant aesthetic that extends from inside to out.
LOVE. American Oak wideboards adorn the floors of the hallway, which leads the way into an open and airy living area. An expanse of glass allows natural light to flourish, while huge sliding doors open the space up to a private and protected back yard with a covered entertainer's patio.
• Overlooking the lounge, the kitchen is superbly fitted with gas and electric cooking, stone benchtops and vertical paneled cabinetry.
• The main bathroom features a clawfoot bath and floor-mounted tap, as well as a shower with frameless glass, and platinum travertine tiles.
• All of the bedrooms are generous and feature built-ins, though the master bedroom pulls rank with a chic shower en-suite with marble floors.
• The backyard is a private, low-maintenance space that has been carefully cultivated with attractive trees and shrubs. The classic wide verandah to the front overlooks another meticulously tended outdoor area, with access points via two of the bedrooms and the front door, allowing for fantastic cross-ventilation through the house.
• A few extras include a Denon surround sound system in the living area, Ventis ventilation and extensive storage space in the attic, as well as a spacious home office with custom cabinetry, and a concealed laundry next to the bathroom.
• Active DA plans are in place to build up a level to add another bedroom, bathroom and living space.
LIVE. An idyllic lifestyle awaits in this peaceful pocket of Manly, where there is very little traffic, yet all of the vibrancy of this ever-popular suburb is at your fingertips. Manly Beach is 600 metres away, or it's a flat walk into Manly town, where there is a flourishing set of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. Around the corner is the Boy Charlton swimming pool, Harris Farms for groceries and buses to the city or into Manly.
As Advertised or by Appointment