57 Rickard Street, Balgowlah
Auction Sat 26 Oct 12:15pm
4 bed | 2 bath | 1 car
Sophisticated abode with superb entertaining spaces
FIND. Elegantly appointed as a contemporary entertainer, yet proudly displaying its charming 1920s heritage, this recently renovated character home has it all. Bright open interiors, multiple living spaces, contemporary design features and meticulous craftsmanship combine to provide a delightfully modern and functional home that will be perfect for families and those who love to entertain.
LOVE. Built in 1924 and extended in 1950, this much loved home is characterised by picture rails, leadlight windows, high ceilings, decorative timber detailing and the original polished floorboards. The house sits on a generous corner block on a popular, leafy street that is convenient to supermarkets, city buses, cafes and parks.
• The elegant living area features pine floorboards, an open fireplace, and an adjoining sunroom that flows out to a child-friendly garden.
• The exquisite chef's kitchen includes stone counters, Carrara marble tiles, Smeg appliances, gas cooking and a breakfast bar.
• A covered deck is set privately to the rear, and is superbly equipped for entertaining with a built-in BBQ, bar fridge, electric heat strips, some built-in sun loungers, plus a patch of Astroturf for the kids.
• The stunning master bedroom has a huge walk-in wardrobe and an ultra-sleek en-suite. Both bathrooms have been recently updated and include under-floor heating and heated towel rails.
• A second living space is perfectly situated next to three of the bedrooms, offering a great space for the kids to play, or as a quiet TV room.
• The house offers a huge amount of storage internally, within the attic as well as in a lockable exterior shed where there's plenty of space to store bikes and other equipment.
• Premium additions include double-glazed windows, plantation shutters, and reverse-cycle multi-zoned ducted air-con.
LIVE. Accessibility is a huge bonus from this central location, which offers easy connections to the city and Manly. Bus stops are found on Sydney Road, including express services to the city. Just a short stroll down the road are supermarkets and shops at Stockland shopping centre, and there are some great cafes in the backstreets nearby, or on Sydney Road. Or if you're in the mood to stretch your legs, Manly is only a half an hour walk away.