231 Sydney Road, Fairlight
4 bed | 2 bath
Exquisite character home in lifestyle locale
FIND. Occupying an elevated position on the high side of the street, the c1922 'Erawanyai' residence is one of rare distinction and style, seamlessly fusing old world charm with contemporary design. Showcasing grand formal areas and bright open plan living spaces that flow out onto private easy-care resort-like grounds, this charming family home is sure to win hearts.
LOVE. Capturing the northerly sun and sea breezes, as well as sweeping district views that dazzle by night, this period home enjoys a tranquil setting and is graced with soaring patterned ceilings, pretty picture rails, chandeliers and timber flooring.
• The impressive chef's kitchen is equipped with granite benchtops, a timber breakfast island, integrated appliances and quality Falcon stove and two ovens.
• There's a grand formal dining room with a cosy cast iron gas log fireplace, and the generous living zone is brightened by a glass atrium and big bay window and is warmed by a slow combustion wood fireplace.
• The sunlit terraces are ideal for entertaining, with an outdoor kitchen and built-in barbeque, Jacuzzi and timber sauna.
• Accommodation comprises three bedrooms and a fourth upstairs bedroom / huge additional living room with a separate study area and stunning views.
• The superb master suite features a walk-in robe and dressing room plus a chic ensuite bathroom.
• Additional features include a large entrance / front sunroom with all day sun, and plenty of under house and attic storage.
• There's ample street parking and also the potential to create off-street parking (STCA).
LIVE. Placed on 372sqm of private established gardens that require minimal care, it's an elegant entertainer in a fantastic lifestyle position. Enjoying a central setting with buses to the city and Manly Wharf just meters from the doorstep, it's just a short walk from Fairlight Shops and Manly West Primary School and moments from Balgowlah Village and Manly's attractions.