98 Woodland Street, Balgowlah
Sold Price on Request
3 bed | 1 bath | 3 car
Historic jewel with stunning district and harbour views
FIND. This utterly enchanting 1920s home takes full advantage of its elevated position, with stunning district and harbour views to the front and rear. One of the first homes built in the area, its heritage shines through within its exquisite period features.
LOVE. The potential within this unique home is clear. There is a stunning amount of formal and casual living laid out in the traditional style of large rooms with distinct purposes. While in fabulous condition now, with some extra care and attention, its former glory will be restored, while some additional contemporary comforts will only enhance its liveability.
• A stunning lounge room is the impressive welcoming area to the house, with soaring high and ornate ceilings, a window seat with district views and Jarrah floorboards that are rich in colour and character. An adjoining terrace with Mediterranean-style arches provides a protected place to gaze out at the view while enjoying some fresh air.
• The backyard, with alfresco patio and level lawn, is beautifully oriented to engage fully with the view of North Harbour and the district that surrounds Manly.
• Set to the rear is a dining area with an open fireplace and a second living space/sunroom with big windows that frame a magical view of the backyard and the view that lies beyond.
• Two spacious bedrooms are on the entry floor level, and a third bedroom with external access is on the lower level.
• The kitchen and the bathroom are both in good original condition. A laundry room is accessed from the garden.
• There's a single garage as well as off-street parking for another two cars.
LIVE. This is an idyllic yet practical location. The convenience of shops, public transport links and cafes are close at hand on Sydney Road. Yet the beautiful surrounds of North Harbour Reserve and Dobroyd Head are also on the doorstep. Manly is a short bike ride away, Stocklands shopping centre is a 10-minute walk away and schools are close by.