195 Woodland Street, Balgowlah
3 bed | 2 bath | 2 car
Charming 1920s home with contemporary renovation
FIND. This captivating 1920s California Bungalow is a remarkable demonstration of how contemporary liveability is achieved through the expert marriage of traditional architecture and modern design. With double brick and sandstone construction, this beautifully renovated home delivers the perfect environment for effortless family living, while also providing instant access to schools, shops, eateries and public transport.
LOVE. The star of the show is the open-plan living area that connects with an alfresco entertainer's patio and pool that is paved with travertine tiles and protected by a row of evergreens. Inside, beautiful period architectural elements add elegance, including detailed leadlight windows, the original pine floors and high ornate ceilings.
• The gourmet kitchen is equipped for entertaining with an induction cooktop, a Smeg oven, stone counters and a breakfast bar.
• The grand master bedroom is a visually stunning room with an exquisite domed ceiling, a gas fire with brick mantel, picture rails, a large bay window and a wall of cleverly concealed built-in storage. The other bedrooms are generously sized and offer substantial built-ins.
• A sunroom adjoins the master bedroom, which would function perfectly as either a home office or a second sitting area.
• The main bathroom is a stylish restoration of the original bathroom, while the second bathroom includes laundry facilities.
• There is a lock-up garage and off-street parking for another car. And beneath the house is a huge amount of storage space, including a room that will be perfect for the wine collection.
• Other highlights include ducted and zoned reverse cycle air-conditioning and an automatic security gate and garage door.
LIVE. Everything you need is at your fingertips in this convenient location. Bus stops, Stockland shopping centre and a choice of cafes and eateries are within moments of the front door. North Harbour Reserve is a five-minute walk down the road as well as the iconic Manly to Spit walk, and it's ideally located for swift access to the city and Manly.