146 Condamine Street, Balgowlah
Auction Sat 20 Jul 9:15am
3 bed | 1 bath | 2 car
Elegant period home in ultra-convenient setting
FIND. Loved by the same family for 20 years, this charming and generously proportioned c1920s Californian Bungalow is situated in the most convenient of settings, just moments from shops, bus stops and eateries. Presented in immaculate condition, the integrity and character of the original architecture has been preserved in this semi-detached residence, presenting enormous potential to revitalise or re-configure a period home with outstanding bones (STCA).
LOVE. You will fall in love with the classic period features that have been meticulously preserved, such as the beautiful high, ornate ceilings, the rich timber detailing, the leadlight windows and doors, the pine floors that are in superb condition, and the cast-iron fireplace. And you'll also enjoy the versatility of the floorplan, which offers multiple living spaces, including a sunny dining area that flows out to the garden.
• Classic lounge room with picture rails, cast-iron fireplace and a high, ornate ceiling that includes a unique dome feature.
• Second sitting/dining area with slow-combustion fire, and bi-folds that allow smooth transitions between indoors and out.
• The back yard is a private and peaceful space that enjoys an easterly aspect, features a patio and open pergola, and a number of established flowerbeds and trees.
• Eat-in sized kitchen with Miele gas cooking, a dishwasher, stone counters and lots of pantry space.
• The master bedroom is queen-sized and offers a walk-in wardrobe. The other bedrooms are smaller in size and have the flexibility of being used as a sunroom or office.
• Well-presented bathroom with shower and classic black and white floor tiles.
• There is a lock-up garage that will accommodate a small car, and an off-street parking space for another car.
LIVE. This is a superb location from which to immerse yourself within the welcoming community of Balgowlah, where everything is easy to reach. Walk to Balgowlah shops or Stockland shopping centre within seconds, city buses are moments away on Sydney Road, and it's only a 30-minute walk or a short bike ride into Manly.